For some reason, my kids like to eat stuff that they can build on their own. Making their own pizzas are a hit, and so is taco night (which incidentally is tonight). So, that’s why I love this recipe too. Everything is in little bowls, and kids like to build stuff.
Pretty much anything goes, but here are the main ingredients:
Slow-Cooker Hawaiian Haystacks
- 2 large frozen chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups of rice, cooked
- Can of Pineapple
- Green onions
- Cheddar Cheese
- Chinese Noodles
- Bell Pepper
- Soy Sauce
- Place 2 frozen chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
- Mix sour cream and cream of chicken soup together and pour over chicken.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, shred chicken.
- Serve over cooked rice, and top with desired ingredients above.
- Other ideas for additional toppings could be:
- almonds or sunflower seeds
- shredded coconut
- sliced water chestnuts
- black beans
For this recipe, I always cook my rice in the microwave while I chop up the toppings. Here’s how I do it: Place 1 and 3/4 cup of uncooked rice in a microwave safe dish with lid, add 3 1/2 cups of water. Cover. Cook on high for 5 minutes, then 50% for 15 minutes or until done. Enjoy!!