We’re in a “Me do it” stage around my house. When you’re 2 1/2 years old, suddenly, you feel capable of everything. And crazy things suddenly seem like a good idea. At the tender age of 2 years old, you suddenly feel fully capable of so much like….
- Going down stairs while holding 25 legos seems like a good idea.
- Jumping on the picnic table outside while no one is paying attention seems smart.
- Eating ants.
At two, it seems like my little guy thinks that he is the boss, and fully capable of…well, everything. Except, the irony is that they aren’t capable of anything you want them to be capable of like…
- Eating a meal that is comprised of something other than mac and cheese (or its white carby equivalent)
- Being slightly interested in potty training.
- Keeping themselves from bodily harm.
- Putting their shoes on.
- Putting their sunglasses on right side up.
- Putting any item of clothing on themselves. The right way.
- Walking when you need them to. (Like when you thought, “We don’t need the stroller this time. He always wants to walk everywhere now”)
- Holding an object without hurling it at a sibling.
- Understanding when you tell them no ice cream is not an appropriate breakfast.
- Watching something other than the most annoying children’s show.
- Drinking or eating anything without spilling.
- Keeping utensils, plates, or cups on the table.
- Understanding that the sun was not put in his line of vision to torture him.
- Eating something new.
- Learning not to scream like a banshee in public.
Here he is in Yellowstone National park crying because I wouldn’t let him climb on sharp jagged rocks next to a cliff. Poor little guy.
Obviously, we’re going through a little rough patch. I love that little guy so much. But, when he tells me things like “I have hard day” I can’t help but laugh and think, “You have no idea, kid” Maybe two year olds just love the irony of it all?
This is a parenting blog hop. What are you thinking about this week? Link them up so we can visit each other and hear about what’s going on in YOUR parenting world.
Going to join us? Here are the “rules” (Feel free to follow them loosely):
1. Add your link below
2. Grab MY button found below and add it to your post or sidebar, and then come back and link up with us here. It’s that easy! I’ll try to promote your post on social media by pinning, tweeting, and sharing.
3. Visit the other awesome bloggers that are also linking up and leave comments on their posts!