Before becoming a parent, I never knew you could ruin someone’s day by asking them to go to the bathroom before you leave the house. But, apparently, you can.
And, sometimes, we can even ruin their life if they are a bit prone to the dramatic. (for example, this photo was a direct result of me denying my son a powdered donut for breakfast)
So, here are 25 ways you can ruin your child’s day.
- Tell them it’s time for dinner, but make sure to remind them to wash their hands.
- Ask them to brush their teeth, or groom any part of their body. “Did you put on deodorant?” will cue the eye rolls.
- Remind them to wear a sweater, jacket, hoodie when it’s 29 degrees outside.
- Have a 2 year old? Change their dirty diaper.
- Require them to play outside for 15 minutes on a nice day. Total buzzkill.
- Ask them to wipe a counter, thus requiring them to touch the dish rag in the sink.
- Remind them to pull their dirty underwear out from the crotch of their pants before putting it in the laundry basket.
- Hug them.
- Talk to them. (applies mostly to teens and tweens)
- Tuck them in the “wrong way”
- Refuse the 4th glass of water before bed.
- Ask them to find their own shoes.
- Say no when they ask for something outrageous.
- Cut their sandwich the wrong way.
- Require responsibility for their own things. Hint: Ask them to pick up their own dirty socks.
- Ask them to let you take their picture.
- Try to show them how to do something.
- Cut them off from screen time to do anything else.
- Open something for them.
- Make them bathe.
- Don’t let them take 28 toys into the store.
- Ask them to put on pants.
- Accidentally run out of their favorite snack.
- Ask them to take their dishes to the sink.
- Make them eat a real meal.
If you liked this post, you’ll probably love: 20 Reasons my Two Year Old Had a Hard Day.
Did I miss one? Share in the comments how you’ve managed to ruin your child’s day!