This recipe is seriously SO easy your kids could make it. Seriously. We ate it all the time growing up, and naturally, when I had to start feeding my own family, I started making it too. It’s one of those meals that everyone in the family will actually eat. Even the two year old who is so notorious for never eating that I wrote a song about it.
This is a dish that you make all in one pan, takes about 5 minutes to prep, and a little over an hour to cook. So it’s easy for last minute too. Here it is:
Easy One Dish Pork Chops and Wild Rice
- 5-6 Pork Chops (I buy boneless thin cut but my parents always bought the bone in kind growing up. Either is fine)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cans water
- 1 box Original Recipe Uncle Ben's Wild Rice (not fast cook)
- 1/2 cup white rice (or brown if you prefer)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a 13x9 pan or baking dish mix together soup, water, and rices (with seasoning mix from box) with a fork until well blended.
- Salt and pepper your pork chops as desired and then lay them gently on top of the soup mixture.
- Cover with foil and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- You may need to adjust time depending on the thickness of your meat.
Hope you like it! If you are looking for other easy meal ideas you can try my Balsamic Baguette Bites I shared last week or my Simple Salmon Cakes. Or you can check out this post of Recipes I Found on Pinterest that I Now Cook Regularly.
I linked this post up over at the Creative Collection Link Party.