I LOVE this recipe I’m sharing today. We had it this past weekend for dinner, and all 3 kids ate it, it took me 30 minutes to whip up, and it’s EASY. Meets all of my requirements. If you are looking to get your kids used to eating fish, this might be a recipe to try. Fish is something that not all kids love (luckily mine do!) but this recipe can trick them into eating it.
Simple Salmon Cakes
- 2 (5 oz) cans of pink salmon
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 6 Tbsp. finely chopped onion (about 1/2 a medium onion)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Open cans of salmon and drain.
- Flake into bowl.
- Add egg substitute, bread crumbs and mustard, mix well.
- Stir in the onion and garlic salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to spoon out mixture.
- Place in the skillet and turn measuring cup over and flatten salmon cake.
- Cook until browned on one side (about 4 minutes) and then flip over and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Squeeze Lemon juice on top if desired. Makes about 8 Salmon Cakes.
I’m serious, if you love fish at all, you have to try this recipe. It takes no time at all and it can easily become a last minute meal if you stock up on cans of salmon and keep them in your pantry. All the other ingredients are things you can easily keep on hand as well! And, 8 salmon cakes doesn’t sound like a lot, but it fed my little family of 5. For adults, you can eat about 2 and you’re full! For bigger appetites, you might want to double. Enjoy!
I linked this post up here: