I love this recipe because it is so easy and it’s the perfect light dinner for summer. But, in all honesty, there is no reason why you can’t make it whenever you want.
And, you know what else? It gets my kids to eat cabbage. Yep, you read that right. C-A-B-B-A-G-E. My two year old didn’t go for it, but as we all know, he doesn’t each much of anything that is, of course, unless it’s served with a spork at Costco. Sigh.
But, back to the recipe. This is one that makes a lot, so I think it would be perfect for a baby shower, or party, or anytime you’re asked to bring the salad to something. But, it’s super yummy just for a light dinner at home too. And, my kids LOVE that it uses ramen noodles. What kid doesn’t love ramen?
So, here it is:
Asian Chicken Salad
- For the Salad:
- 1 head cabbage, shredded (Or packaged for coleslaw is quicker, use 1 1/2 small bags)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 pkg. Ramen Noodles broken up (set seasoning aside)
- 1/2 C. Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 C. Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Cups Cubed Cooked Chicken
- For The Dressing:
- 1 C. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 C. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 packets ramen noodle seasoning (chicken flavor)
- Mix cabbage and green onions in large bowl.
- On a cookie sheet spread up broken ramen noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
- Brown at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- While the noodles are browning, make the dressing.
- Add all the ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add noodle mixture to cabbage mixture, then pour dressing over all of it.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with mandarin oranges if desired.
- Serves about 10 people.
I hope you love it! And more importantly, I hope your kids will eat it.
For extra good karma, pin this recipe for me, or share it on FB.
I linked this post up here this week: