f you’re looking for a quick and easy family friendly meal that your kids will ask for over and over again, then this pizza bake recipe is it. This pizza bake with biscuits is perfect for busy families when they don’t have any plan for what to cook for dinner.
It only takes 10 minutes of prep for a simple dinner idea that you can usually make with ingredients you always have on hand.
I don’t know about you, but as a busy mom, sometimes I can’t always get my dinner in the crockpot in time, or I forget one little thing at the store for the more complicated recipe in my list of things to make during the week.
So, sometimes I’m scrounging!
But, this Pizza Bake Recipe is the perfect scrounging recipe.
Because it literally has ingredients I always have on hand, and can throw together at the last minute, and it takes about 10 minutes to put together while your oven heats up. We love pizza in our house, but we’ve always struggled finding pizza dough that we love. But, to be honest – who doesn’t love biscuits?
Biscuits as pizza crust are a light and fluffy alternative and are perfect for busy nights.
There are so many nights when we are tired and just need something warm and easy. That’s why this homemade pizza bake can make everyone happy. What I love about this pizza casserole too is that it can be different every time depending on what kind of pizza toppings you have on hand.
As always, you can hop down to the bottom of this post for the printable version of this pizza bake recipe.
1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
Additional pizza toppings as you desire
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Flatten each biscuit with the palm of your hand and place 12 biscuits in the bottom of the pan. Cover biscuits with half of the pizza sauce. Top with pepperoni and cheese.
- 2 tubes (7.5 oz each) of refrigerator biscuits (10 biscuits per tube)
- 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- 30 pepperoni
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Additional pizza toppings as you desire
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Flatten each biscuit with the palm of your hand and place 12 biscuits in the bottom of the pan.
- Cover biscuits with half of the pizza sauce.
- Top with pepperoni and cheese.
- Repeat the layering, adding 8 flattened biscuits to the top of the pan.
- Add remaining sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through. Cut into squares before serving. Serves 6-8